Entertaining guests this Easter? Get inspired by these gorgeous table setting ideas and keep the kids happy with an exciting Easter egg hunt (with a twist) that they’ll tell all their friends about. The best part? You can pick up everything you need and keep all of your eggs in one basket, here at Newmarket Village.
1. Entertain The Little Ones
Amongst the family gatherings, festivities and food, one important factor when it comes to Easter entertaining is finding a way to keep the kids busy. This joyful, easy-to-run activity will put a smile on any dial this Easter long weekend.
Some of the fondest memories of many people’s childhood is the coming together of family and of course, participating in the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Here are a few handy tips to make it a memorable one:
- Buy enough baskets or buckets to accommodate all of the little ones.
- Pick up a few packets of chocolate eggs from the Coles at Newmarket Village.
- Count the eggs and leave some aside for divvying up at the end. This will ensure that each of the kids gets the same amount of eggs and everyone is happy.
- The twist? Hide an ‘Easter bunny tail’ made of cotton wool and make this the ultimate prize. It should be a little harder to find than the eggs!
2. Set The Table
Using fresh flowers, pretty pastel colours and some DIY Easter décor, these festive ideas will leave you inspired to create a fun, yet stylish table setting to wow your guests.
- Fill egg cups with small bunches of fresh flowers from Australia Post at Newmarket Village and place them in front of each plate setting.
- Tie an off-white linen napkin and a fresh tulip together with some twine and place on the plate.
- Fill terracotta pots with speckled Cadbury mini eggs from Newmarket Village Coles and position them around the table.
- Using a tiered cake stand, place some craft Easter chickens, speckled eggs and Easter cupcakes to add height to your table.
3. A Bunny-Themed Buffet
Rather than serving individually-plated meals this Easter, leaving you continuously running back and forward between the kitchen and your guests, why not create a bunny-themed buffet. We’ve put together some tasty and creative ways to feed your family:
- Fill some tall, clear vases with pastel coloured eggs and bunny tails (cotton balls) to create an eye-catching centrepiece.
- A classic Easter carvery such as a honey-glazed ham from Tender Cuts Butcher at Newmarket Village is a simple and delicious idea for your buffet. Make sure you put in your order early!
- For dessert, you simply cannot go past a warm Bread and Butter Pudding, using fresh out of the oven Hot Cross Buns from Bakers Delight. See the recipe below to create your own
4. Hot Cross Bun Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 traditional hot cross buns
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 300 ml cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted, to serve.
- Slice each bun into three pieces lengthways and spread each with the butter. Lay into an eight-cup ovenproof dish, overlapping the slices.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and vanilla together until pale. Whisk in milk and cream. Pour over buns and set aside for 15 mins to absorb. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place dish into a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the side of the dish. Transfer to oven and bake for 35 minutes or until set and golden. Dust with a little sifted icing sugar and serve.
Recipe sourced from www.bestrecipes.com.au
5. Easter Gifts
If it’s an elegant Easter gift you’re searching for, then you need only stroll into Australia Post and explore their incredible hamper range. The ‘All Things Chocolate Hamper’ seems an apt gift for the season, but they also have hampers that you could pull apart to help build your bunny-themed buffet.
6. Dress For The Occasion
The autumnal months can often present a challenge when it comes to choosing the perfect trans-seasonal outfit for the occasion. Luckily for Newmarket Village shoppers, the friendly team at Adrift Women’s Fashion and Sybil’s Clothing boutiques are happy to help you select some on-trend pieces that flatter your frame. For the men? The experienced barbers at Col Nayler will give you a style cut to freshen up any look or, as the women are shopping for the perfect outfit, dads can keep the little ones occupied at the Newmarket Village Pop-Up Children's Farm!