A gorgeous make ahead nibble that is simple yet sophisticated and reflect the modern Aussie Christmas mood, using scrumptious seasonal produce12 30 mins Piece of Cake
1. Slice the prawns lengthways in half, creating two half moon pieces.
2. Toss the prawn pieces gently with the lime zest (not juice), chilli flakes and sesame oil to coat
and set aside.
3. Prepare the noodles according to the packet directions and then drain.
4. To make the sauce place all ingredients into a jar with the lid and shake well. Pour into a serving
dish and add a little freshly chopped coriander.
5. Place one rice paper wrapper into some room temperature water. Allow to soften slightly.
Remove and shake of excess water then place onto a clean bench.
6. Place a small amount of softened rice noodles at the bottom of the rice paper, filling from the
right bottom edge towards the centre, leaving around 1/3 of the width on the left clear.
7. On top lay 1 or 2 mango slices and follow with two pieces of prawn (pink side up) and some
coriander leaves. The ingredients should be slightly poking out over the edge of the wrapper on
8. Gently lift the bottom edge of the wrapper and fold over the ingredients to enclose and roll over
9. Lift the left side and fold in over the ingredients then continue to roll from the bottom edge to
form a roll.
10. Repeat with remaining wrappers and ingredients.
11. Store in the fridge, covered with a sheet of damp paper towel and covered in cling film.
12. Serve with dipping sauce and sprinkled with fried shallots if desired.