A bright and tropical kiwi sorbet with key lime and coconut. This easy, tasty treat is no-bake and takes only minutes to prepare!1 tub 19 minutes Piece of Cake
- Add the sugar, key lime juice, and water together in a saucepan and heat, mixing well, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the kiwi, plus half the key lime syrup and the coconut milk together in a blender. Blend until the kiwi is liquefied. Optionally run the mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds (I left them). Test the sorbet for sweetness and add more syrup as needed. Remember, it should taste a lot sweeter at room temperature as the sweetness is subdued when frozen. (I ended up using all the syrup)
- Chill the sorbet in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two.
- Churn according to the manufacturer instructions on your ice cream maker.
- Alternatively, if you don't have an ice-cream maker follow the below instructions (this is a little more hands on);
Take your instrument of choice and mix up the sobert, being sure to get the edges which tend to freeze first. The faster you work, the more air you can incorporate, which is why I recommend a hand blender or immersion blender for this job.
Repeat freezing and blending the sorbet every 45 minutes for about 3- 4 hours, remembering to break up any frozen areas. Allow the sobert to freeze completely – about another 3 – 4 hours.